Leave it to the Irish to come up with some really witty, sarcastic, wise, point-blank, and downright funny things to say about life, love, and all the general happenings around us. The collection of Irish quotes here is sure to have you smiling. Enjoy!
– You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.
– If you’re lucky enough to be Irish, then you’re lucky enough.
– May the cat eat you and the devil eat the cat.
– Who gossips with you will gossip of you.
– A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.
– The Irish – be they kings, or poets, or farmers, they’re a people of great worth, they keep company with the angels, and bring a bit of heaven here to earth.
– Both your friend and your enemy think you will never die.
– Being Irish is very much a part of who I am. I take it everywhere with me.
– The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven’t seen the joke yet.
– A turkey never voted for an early Christmas.
– A quarrel is like buttermilk: once it’s out of the churn, the more you shake it, the more sour it grows.
– I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for my Mum. I know I’ve got Irish blood because I wake up everyday with a hangover.
– It is not a secret after three people know it.
– Bless your little Irish heart and every other Irish part.
– Wherever you go and whatever you do, may the luck of the Irish be there with you.